Our Homeless Day Centre, 103 Church Street, provides a basic needs and personal care service for local homeless and those at risk of homelessness and offers advice, advocacy and support to support those in need. Our aim is to move our service users towards independence and help them reach their personal goals, ranging from; accessing food, personal care, benefits and accommodation.
Our staff and volunteers provide a warm welcome and a safe environment to our service users, we support those who use our services to meet their most essential needs. Our Breakfast Club is open five mornings a week offering breakfasts, refreshments and the opportunity to relax and chat. Shower and laundry facilities are available and they are able to access donated clothes help maintain their appearance and improve their confidence.
Advice, Advocacy and Support
Our Support team are on hand to work with service users to help them to move forward. This may include
- Signposting or referral to partners agencies and other specialist organisations who may be able to provide specific support
- Correspondence address - for those of no fixed abode they can also use Hope House to receive mail
- Internet Café
- Access to phone calls to other agencies regarding accommodation, employment and health services.
- Support to complete documentation
- Advocacy support – including support to appointments
- Proof of Identification service
If you see anyone who is homeless or at risk of homelessness please direct them to Hope House where our dedicated team will support them
Hope House opening times:
Monday to Wednesday 9.15am, to 3.30pm
Thursday-Friday 9.15am to 2.30pm