Our Day Centre, on Church Street, provides a basic needs and personal care service which runs alongside advice, advocacy and support to support those who are homeless and at risk of homelessness to move towards independence and reach their own personal goals, e.g. getting accommodation or getting onto benefits.
With our volunteers who work to provide a warm welcome and a safe environment, Hope House aims to support those who use our services with their most essential needs. Our Breakfast Club is open five mornings a week with cooked breakfast or cereal options, refreshments and the opportunity to relax and chat. Our shower facilities are available along with laundry and donated clothes to support service users in maintaining their appearance and confidence.
Advice, Advocacy and Support
Our Support team are on hand to work with service users to help them to move forward. This may include
- Signposting or Referral to our partners and other specialist agencies who may be able to provide specific support
- Correspondence address - For those of no fixed abode they can also use our Centre to receive mail
- Internet Café
- Phone calls to other agencies including accommodation, employment and health services.
- Support to complete documentation
- Advocacy support – including support to appointments
- Proof of Identification service